Beck is now three months old! Can you believe it? I can't! In honor of him and his three little months of life, we'd like to share a few fun things about our little babe:
1. is the first Ririe grandson, the first Ririe and Goodspeed great grandson, and the second Williams grandson.
With Williams grandparents
With Hamilton grandparents
With Great Grandma Billie
He hasn't met Grandpa Ririe, Great Grandma Jojo or Great Granddaddy & Hanne yet!
2. used to squeak really loud when he ate, for the first month or so, but has outgrown it, which is kind of sad because it was really funny and cute--and loud. :)
3. loves his fist.
4. was born with a mullet. :)
5. is completely fascinated by lights; there is a light above Alex's head in this pic. :)
6. is really strong--he has been able to stand since he was just a few weeks old and has such a tight grip.
7. used to grunt a ton for the first few months; this video isn't the best example of it, but you'll get the idea. :)
8. has a secret dimple like his mom (only apparent when whistling for Mom, or for Beck, when drinking his bottle)--I don't have a good pic of it!
9. has a double chin like his dad (Adam told me to say that!).
10. used to absolutely hate baths and getting his diaper changed--he now tolerates baths and loves getting his diaper changed, thank goodness!
11. has to grab onto something to fall asleep, usually your shirt or finger.
12. has three aunts, three uncles and one cousin.
With Tim & Aimee
With Elizabeth & Alex
With Cody & Elizabeth
13. is soooo wiggly!
14. was born in Rexburg, Idaho.
15. couldn't live without his binky.
16. is very cuddly.
17. sometimes gets "devil eyes" when falling asleep (I think he's technically getting in to his REM cycle).
18. has been smiling pretty much from day one.
19. gets the hiccups all the time, especially when he gets excited.
20. scored a 9 on both APGAR tests right after birth, the highest scores the hospital has seen in over a year (that's what the nurses told us).
21. loves to be a part of the action all the time.
22. is very observant, and loves to look around and take everything all in.
23. is somewhat dramatic. :)
24. is a little Houdini, and refuses to be swaddled; if you go ahead and swaddle him, he will not settle down until he has wriggled out of it.
25. is incredibly loved!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Posted by The Riries at 4/30/2009 08:44:00 PM
I was doing a little spring cleaning and came across a few things I'd like to clear out. Wanted to see if any of you were interested before putting them on Craigslist. No pressure, just let me know if you're interested!
Argyle crib bumper + extras: $25
Cute argyle crib bumper! I'll also throw in the window valance, diaper stacker and crib skirt from the set, too.
Pampers Swaddlers, size 1, 100 ct.: $15
Beck got too chubby too quickly. :) Comes out to 15 cents a diaper, which is really good for Pampers. These sell for $20 at Wal-Mart.
Infantino 6in1 Rider baby carrier: $20
Brand new, never been opened. Got it as a gift, just haven't used it. I'm sure it's great!
More info on it here: http://www.infantino.com/Carriers/151-019.php
Posted by The Riries at 4/30/2009 07:57:00 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Posted by The Riries at 4/18/2009 01:13:00 AM
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Four years ago today, Adam and I got engaged! Probably almost to this very minute actually, as the candlelighting started at 11 p.m. For those of you who don't know, I proposed to Adam--kind of a long story. :) We have a video of it, but it's on VHS and I haven't gotten it onto a DVD yet; when I do, I'll post it! I'll spill the details of the engagement when I post the video. Until then, I will leave you in suspense, with a few still photos. :)
He said yes :)
My roommates who helped me plan it all :)
This day four years ago totally changed my life forever!
p.s. Yes, we did look a little younger back then. ;)
Posted by The Riries at 4/14/2009 11:22:00 PM
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I was looking for a quick recipe a few days ago and came upon an amazingly easy chicken tortilla soup recipe. It only took like two minutes to make, and by make I mean opening the cans and pouring them into a stock pot. :) It was so easy and yummy, was pretty cheap (about $6), and lasted us for three meals. Just had to share!
Six Can Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 (15-ounce) can mexicorn
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 (10-ounce) can chunk chicken
1 (15-ounce) can black beans
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
1 cup instant rice
Pour corn, chicken broth, chunk chicken, black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies (do not drain any of the cans), rice and garlic into a stock pot. Cover, and simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through and rice is cooked.
It's especially yummy with cheese and sour cream on top, along with some tortilla chips.
Posted by The Riries at 4/12/2009 03:08:00 PM
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Today a sad, funny thing happened. :) It was time for Beck to eat, but when I gave him his bottle, he started whining, which he never does--he loves to eat. I thought he may have a burp, so I put him on my shoulder and patted his back, and much more than a burp came out! The poor thing threw up/spit up (I'm not sure which) big time. That was the sad part. The funny part was that he proceeded to rub his whole face in the pile of his goop on my shoulder! I just had to take pictures!
I'm not too worried about him, as he's never done this before and hasn't done it since, but let me know if I should be worried!
Posted by The Riries at 4/07/2009 09:32:00 PM